How do I arrange a bulky refuse collection ?

Bookings can be taken for Bulky Collections by using the Maidstone Borough Council website (see link below). MBC accept Visa, Visa Debit and Mastercard. Number of Items Price as at November 2018 1 – 4 items £25 5 – 8 items £35 Fridge/freezer collections It costs £20 per white good with a maximum of two fridges, […]

How do I bring a matter to the attention of the Council ?

You might be concerned about any number of matters, e.g. the cleanliness of the streets, dog fouling, highway related matters, etc.  You can bring your concerns to the Council by: a)   speaking with or writing to a Councillor or the Clerk.  Do this as soon as you become aware of a problem – the sooner […]

How can I find out more about what the Parish Council is doing ?

Borough and District Councils have become very large and remote.  Chart Sutton Parish Council keeps its residents informed in a variety of ways.  You can find out what the Parish Council is doing by: a)    coming along to the Parish Council meetings.  These are usually held on the second Monday of every month.  See the […]

How is the Parish Council funded ?

Parish Councils are generally the least bureaucratic and cheapest form of local authority.  A Parish Council gets no general government grant and so raises the majority of income from a precept i.e. a tax that electors pay collected by Maidstone Borough Council.  

What is a Parish Council ?

 A Parish Council is a small local authority representing the tier of local authority closest to the community.  Chart Sutton Parish Council has 7 members who are elected to serve a term of four years. They try to ensure that the views of the community are expressed and taken into account by other authorities, agencies […]

Who do I report potholes/problems on the road or pavement to ?

Please telephone Kent County Council Highways on 03000 418181 and give location details.  Alternatively you can visit Highways website at and complete the online fault reporting tool;  e-mail highways at  or contact the Parish Clerk.   Problems can be reported online at alternatively urgent problems can be reported by telephone on 03000418181 Report a […]

Who do I report fly tipping / abandoned vehicles to ?

Please report any sightings of fly tipping to 01622 602162 or visit Alternatively, contact the Community Warden Liz Lovat by email at or on 07813712107

Where do I report a street light not working ?

For the street light at Mercer Way please contact the Parish Clerk. For the street lights at Church Road Cottages, Chart Road, please contact the Maintenance Department at Maidstone Housing Trust on 01622 212600 give details of the location and number printed on the street light column.   Alternatively you can visit complete the online […]

What can I do about noise nuisance ?

Maidstone Borough Council can assist with problems of noise pollution. Noise problems MBC can deal with: Noise in the home including amplified music and DIY Industrial and commercial noise Agricultural noise Barking dogs Leisure activities. For example clay pigeon shoots, concerts, motor events, model aircraft Stationary vehicles, equipment and machinery in the street Intruder alarms or […]

How is the Parish Council involved in the planning application process ?

Planning Procedures The Parish Council has a statutory duty to be consulted on all planning applications that are submitted for the Parish of Chart Sutton. The Planning Committee usually meets on the second Monday of the month immediately preceding the full Council meeting and has further meetings as required in order to consider any applications […]